The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum (http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/index.php)
-   Ireland (http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   ireland forum very quiet (http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132413)

Dalgib 30th July 2015 12:37 PM

ireland forum very quiet
 
Not much goes on in here, everyone on hols or too cool for school? Lol

m5lvyn 30th July 2015 01:01 PM

Johnboy is usually the instigator of the meets and he's just had a young un which might explain his lack of free time nowadays.

We're definitely over due a meet though!

Dalgib 30th July 2015 01:24 PM

Aye will defo need to sort something out, plus he is gonna let me hear his supersprint ��, where do you cruise yourself fella, Bangor, Carrick, ballyclare just ain't the same anymore, went to sprucefield on Sunday a few weeks ago, nothing there to entertain us, seen an evo 8 that was it

DaveMSport 30th July 2015 05:23 PM

The NI BMW meet is on in sometime in August I think. I might make the spin upto it.

tsw 30th July 2015 07:43 PM

meets
 
The show is on Sunday 23rd of August at Carrickfergus Castle Carpark . check there fb page Ni-Bmw ,.

jonboy1984 30th July 2015 09:59 PM

Yes this year has been a very busy one for me with both work and the child... I will try and get a meet sorted for us soon , should be back to normal next season with meet and runs every few months...

Good shout on the ni bmw show in August, ill be at that. A lot of new members on cutters in. The last year or so so a run is well over due... They are great craic and a chance to get the use the cars as the M division intended. ... Ive been getting messages on Facebook asking me why I haven't been. On cutters much to rip the sh1te out of all the smg owners, all I can say is bare with me lads... The next few months will be back to normal :thumbsup:

Dalgib 31st July 2015 08:37 AM

Ahh balls 23rd I'm working, is this a daytime affair or later at night does anyone know, would check their site but I think its ****e so cant be assed lol

tsw 31st July 2015 09:28 AM

Meets
 
If you think it ----e then don't go !!

Dalgib 31st July 2015 11:55 AM

^^^^ I think the layout of their site ****e, as far as cars go, if they were corgi cars im still there

Dalgib 31st July 2015 12:03 PM

Their bakebook page is a closed group also

Richard81 3rd August 2015 03:11 PM

Must say I was never struck on the NI BMW page myself!!!!

Dalgib 3rd August 2015 05:41 PM

What time of the day does the carrick meet normally happen

JK530D 17th August 2015 10:23 PM

Slightly off topic, for you boys in NIRL, hollybrook sports cars have a dolphin grey E30 325i sport coming up for sale. See the pictures of the black E46m3 kon their site and you'll see it. Anyone know the car by any chance??

Additionally my old 325i sport H711 CKK, black, grey leather is up north.. Anyone know it?

Cheers

Jemster 18th August 2015 09:29 AM

Weird site that ni-bmw. I registered for it 5 years ago, forgot about it, re-registered a year back, but it seemed pretty much dead. The M Forums haven't had a posting since May and no postings at all since 2 days ago.... so not much in the way of active users. Doesn't encourage return visits when the home page says the latest news is Car Spotting on the North Coast in October 2014... :D

I'm a bit surprised they are organising meets with that low an active membership. Am I looking at the wrong site? ni-bmw.co.uk?

jonboy1984 18th August 2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK530D (Post 1760717)
Slightly off topic, for you boys in NIRL, hollybrook sports cars have a dolphin grey E30 325i sport coming up for sale. See the pictures of the black E46m3 kon their site and you'll see it. Anyone know the car by any chance??

Additionally my old 325i sport H711 CKK, black, grey leather is up north.. Anyone know it?

Cheers

Don't know the car but he usually doesn't keep sh1te...

Jemster 18th August 2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonboy1984 (Post 1760929)
Don't know the car but he usually doesn't keep sh1te...

No, he usually keeps exceptional cars... for a long long time. :D

To be honest, I don't know how they make money. They still have listed a 2003 E46 M3 with only 18k miles on it that they were selling back in February when I bought mine. Reason being, they want 22k for it (I asked, they don't list all their prices).

Oh look, they now have an '03 SMG with 10k miles and very low spec that they want 27k for.

Exceptional examples, granted, but big big money.

Dalgib 18th August 2015 01:12 PM

I spoke to them when i was fishing for mine also, his reasoning was "sure spend 7k on an M but be prepared to pump another 7k back into it, at time though he did give me excellent advise on what to look for, nice chap to talk to really reassured me that m3's agricultural gearboxes were normal lol

Jemster 18th August 2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalgib (Post 1761093)
I spoke to them when i was fishing for mine also, his reasoning was "sure spend 7k on an M but be prepared to pump another 7k back into it, at time though he did give me excellent advise on what to look for, nice chap to talk to really reassured me that m3's agricultural gearboxes were normal lol

:) Yeah, the salesman at the place I bought mine (William Taggarts) had only good things to say about him as well. He had nothing in my price range at the time so we only exchanged a few emails, in which he was very helpful but gave me the same advice he gave you. I pointed out if he knocked 7k off the asking, it would still be over-priced. :D

Overall, I'm not sure. It's not like he's listing cars that have had sub-frames strengthened, or SMG pumps replaced already. Therefore the big spends are still sitting ahead of you AND you've paid a huge premium for the car.

Is a 12 year old standard M3 with 10k miles on it ever worth 27k? Especially when you look at the spec and it's nothing special. In my eyes, you'd need to be a real collector who plans on garaging the vehicle for some kind of investment. But then, it's hard to make money on an investment that you've paid a premium for in the first place. :confused:

AMacQ 18th August 2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemster (Post 1760917)
Weird site that ni-bmw. I registered for it 5 years ago, forgot about it, re-registered a year back, but it seemed pretty much dead. The M Forums haven't had a posting since May and no postings at all since 2 days ago.... so not much in the way of active users. Doesn't encourage return visits when the home page says the latest news is Car Spotting on the North Coast in October 2014... :D

I'm a bit surprised they are organising meets with that low an active membership. Am I looking at the wrong site? ni-bmw.co.uk?

I had the same experience with that site. Only ever looked at it as a guy (i think he might have been the site owner) came over to me in Dundonald and told me to look it up and sign in...

Anyway, does anyone in here organise any meetups?

Dalgib 18th August 2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemster (Post 1761163)
:) Yeah, the salesman at the place I bought mine (William Taggarts) had only good things to say about him as well. He had nothing in my price range at the time so we only exchanged a few emails, in which he was very helpful but gave me the same advice he gave you. I pointed out if he knocked 7k off the asking, it would still be over-priced. :D

Overall, I'm not sure. It's not like he's listing cars that have had sub-frames strengthened, or SMG pumps replaced already. Therefore the big spends are still sitting ahead of you AND you've paid a huge premium for the car.

Is a 12 year old standard M3 with 10k miles on it ever worth 27k? Especially when you look at the spec and it's nothing special. In my eyes, you'd need to be a real collector who plans on garaging the vehicle for some kind of investment. But then, it's hard to make money on an investment that you've paid a premium for in the first place. :confused:

Low mileage prestige cars is what he he does in a nutshell

You bringing that motor out jemster,? too good a night not to be floating about


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 - 2018 M3cutters. All Rights Reserved.