The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum (http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/index.php)
-   CA Technologies International Ltd (http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Discount For Forum members For Rogue Rear Shock Mounts (http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5334)

PDM 28th July 2009 10:50 AM

Discount For Forum members For Rogue Rear Shock Mounts

Say goodbye to rear end clunks! With the introduction of the Rogue Engineering Rear Shock Mounts, you have a high quality, rebuildable, easily serviceable rear shock mount.

Fits the following vehicles: ALL E30 inc M models / E36 inc M models / E46 inc M models / Z3 inc M models.

Rogue Engineering Rear Shock Mount Set includes:

Two (2) Rogue Engineering 6061-T6 CNC, Anodized Rear Shock Mounts.
Four (4) Shore A 65 Bushings (2 required per mount).
Two (2) 303 Stainless Steel Bushing Spacers (to be used with standard 10mm rear shocks).
Four (4) 303 Stainless Steel Washers (2 required per mount).
Four (4) Yellow Zinc plated serrated lock nuts.
Two (2) Shock Tower Reinforcement Assemblies (with 10.9 hardware welded).
Two (2) factory gaskets (#3352 1128 734).

Problems with Factory Mounts
The factory BMW rear shock mounts are generally a little soft, to provide the most possible acoustically dampening in the vehicle. However, design precludes them from being stout enough to withstand the rigours of aftermarket suspension, or even badly damaged roads. A decent sized pothole can send a perfectly good factory rear shock mount to pop out, making it entirely useless necessitating replacement. Upgrading to E46 M3 rear mounts (a popular alternative) is not a guarantee that it doesn't happen again and again.

Rogue Engineering Rear Shock Mount Features
By producing a rear shock machined from 6061-T6 aluminum, we are able attain a more stable, and stiffer platform which to mount the top of the rear shock. However, rather than use race-only spherical bearings or even overly stiff urethane bushings, we specify Shore A 65 hardness rubber bushings (approximately 30% stiffer than the factory bushings) to allow for some level of street comfort. The orientation of the bushings makes it impossible for the bushings to "pop out" in the manner which the factory mounts fail. If required, the bushings are also replaceable, when the time comes to rebuild them.

Another feature is the reinforcement assembly which secures the rear shock mount to the vehicle. By reinforcing the top of the shock tower in the vehicle, it protect against the rear shock from ripping out the sheet metal. The reinforcement has its hardware welded to it, allowing for the rear shock mount to become a bottom-mount design. This means that if the rear shocks need to be removed, it only requires removing the two nuts and the single bolt at the bottom of the shock. No need to completely disassemble the trunk area to gain access. If being used with a rear strut tower brace, the reinforcement assembly may be mounted from the bottom, so that the rear shock mount can be secured in the traditional manner.

Retail price 94.45 + postage

Again we will offer established forum members with over 100 posts a 10% discount off these Rogue rsms.

cheers Phil

EAndy 28th July 2009 11:00 AM

Got a set of these going on, on Friday :) cheers CA!

BRUNBERG 22nd April 2010 07:51 PM

Guys ive got these fitted as supplied by CA, great mod, do it

MoOriginal 22nd October 2010 12:09 PM

Do i need it still after coils ?

PDM 22nd October 2010 03:09 PM

yes you do Mo :-)

Sinth 22nd October 2010 03:20 PM

very interested Phil, are these easy to fit??? Got HSD coilovers so was wondering if its necessary

PDM 22nd October 2010 03:25 PM

if i recall correctly the HSD 's already come with their own rear top mounts ?
If so the Rogue items would still be an improvement, but not essential

thanks

MoOriginal 22nd October 2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA AUTO (Post 320335)
if i recall correctly the HSD 's already come with their own rear top mounts ?
If so the Rogue items would still be an improvement, but not essential

thanks

ah same question then phil
I have D2's do I need them ?

PDM 22nd October 2010 04:24 PM

unfortunately I do not know if teh d2 s come with their own rear top mounts ??

BRUNBERG 22nd October 2010 05:13 PM

Rogue top mounts work very well with D2's

jonday1981 3rd November 2010 07:51 PM

What about these with KW Clubsport Coilovers ?

jonday1981 6th November 2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonday1981 (Post 329235)
What about these with KW Clubsport Coilovers ?

Do i still need these with KW Clubsport coilovers chaps ?

cheers

Jon

PDM 7th November 2010 03:36 PM

They would be an advantage to you if you do fit them with the Kw's :)

Redman 25th January 2011 02:28 AM

Hi mr CA id like a set as I'm lowering the car on eibachs, hopefully they will work well with my new springs? How do you take payment and do you have any in stock?

Thanks

PDM 25th January 2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redman (Post 387949)
Hi mr CA id like a set as I'm lowering the car on eibachs, hopefully they will work well with my new springs? How do you take payment and do you have any in stock?

Thanks

Hi Sir,

Add your name to the broup buy in our section adn then you will get them slightly cheaper.

We have none in stock at the moment but they are due in in the next day or so

cheers Phil

Redman 25th January 2011 01:52 PM

I can't see where to add my name can do this for me. Thanks I'll make payment when ready.

PDM 25th January 2011 02:40 PM

this thread mate : http://188.65.113.2/~mcutters/forums...t=26074&page=5

Edinnit 23rd December 2011 08:06 PM

Is there any pictures of this kit?

PDM 24th December 2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edinnit (Post 619006)
Is there any pictures of this kit?

http://www.ca-int.co.uk/single_prod-...pZD0xNg==.html

Nomad 9th May 2012 11:06 PM

Dead link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA AUTO (Post 388210)

Is there a new link to add my name to?